Dear Funkwhale Collective, Hi Georg 😉 ,
I would like to apply for the Development Group.
You can find my member introduction here https://forum.funkwhale.audio/d/242-hey-im-jo/4
Somehow we managed to put a pastry picture in my introduction thread, I like where this is going!
Here are a few reasons why I would like to apply:
- Even though a good explanation of a solution is better, I will be able to force my decision on others. No I am kidding, but maybe my voice might weight a tiny bit more, which I hope will lead Funkwhale in the good direction (for the topics I have experience in).
- I like clean code (code is read more that it is written), and being able to push on the "feature branches" directly in Merge Requests will allow me to mess with others work to clean/improve/correct things. Again I am kidding (a bit), I will not mess your branches, but I want to simplify my life to help you.
- I would like to be able to approve/review/merge code without having to ping and rely on Georg, I think he has enough to do without me pinging him around.
I would like to focus my work on the following areas (feel free to ping me if you need a review in these areas):
- Automation, CI/CD and developers experience
- Distribution, installation and deployment of the projects (paving the road between devs and sysadmin/users)
- Enforce best practices on security related topics!
- And a bit of code, mostly improvements, I don't think I will have time to contribute new big features for the time being
I hope this small description is enough for my application to the Development Group. Thanks!
(Just tell me if that's inappropriate, and I'll remove the picture)