Dear Funk whalers!
I know I know, Google isn't our friend. But if they fund someone to work on Funkwhale, why shouldn't we use this? Its a serious question we can discuss about, so feel free to share your input on this topic, especially if you have any concerns!
Considering we don't have any serious issues with the program, we can make use of the Google Summer of Code. Its working basically like this: We apply as an organization, if Google accepts us they will pay people we pick to work on scoped projects. This year they started to open this program for all people above 18, before only students were accepted. Read their full announcement here: https://opensource.googleblog.com/2021/11/expanding-google-summer-of-code-in-2022.html
So, if you have any idea for an project, if you are interested in working on this as mentor or prepare our collective application, let me know! I will try to update this thread as new information occur.
Those projects can be regarding Funkwhale itself, our Android App, whatever. Start dreaming, let us know, we can check if it might work later. Its brainstorming, nothing is wrong, spam this thread with great ideas! 🙂
- FFA: Library Browsing
- FFA: Sleep Timer
- ListenBrainz based music recommendations
- FFA: Chromecast support (nonfree)
- FFA: Advanced Playlist Editing (change track order, duplicate tracks, deduplicate tracks, add album/artist to playlist bulk delete)
- FFA: Cache management (allow arbitrary cache limit, allow large caches, cache flush)
- FFA: Choose between grid and list view
- FFA: Add Podcasts
- Remote Control Funkwhale Playback
- Lyrics Support