I did a hard fork of one of our dependencies. The upstream project is called
requests-http-signature and the situation around this was pretty weird. We used a custom patched version by agate, which never got a proper release and the stuff I contributed in order to make this dependency working again without custom patches were never released as well.
So in the last few days I decided to make a hard cut and you can now say hi to the latest member in the funkwhale project family: https://dev.funkwhale.audio/funkwhale/requests-http-message-signatures
I updated the metadata, removed all python2 compatibility code, fixed a bug I found, moved from RST to markdown and changed the documentation template, built a basic CI pipeline and last but not least I changed Funkwhale to support this version. The commit has already landed in develop and the docker builds are done.
If you have an instance running develop, please be aware that this change is not battle-tested yet. I can't promise federation will still work. I did my best to test it, but it might cause issues anyway. So if you don't have time for debugging, please don't update. On the other hand, if you are willing to help make this working as fast as possible, please upgrade and let me know if it works or provide some meaningful error logs.